WHAT ARE WE ABOUT?

NUTTIN BUT KEEPIN IT REAL WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, LIFE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Toons & Tunes


First order of business #Truthis shout out to the Diannes- Me and Love Queens mothers!  They celebrated another year yesterday. They are the TRUTH y'all!  They are a blessing. We love you. Here's to many more!

What up, TIKC? Happy Thursday.  We are blessed to see another day. Getting closer to the weekend...Let's GO!

The Jetsons
Woke up this AM thinking about the Jetsons! Really, I was so tired and not feeling like getting outta bed.  I mean, it is 2011 and we have come so far in technology. Why can't we get out of bed, hop on a moving sidewalk, get showered, dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed and breakfast- all without leaving the moving sidewalk? That same moving sidewalk took George Jetson to his “door” which dropped him right into his “transportation” to get to work!  It wasn't a car, more like a cool ass space flyer. Not really feeling the space flyer on the regular. But, then again didn't Wonder woman have an invisible jet? Hmmm, now that I could do! I'll pass on the robot (what if they turn on you- like in so many movies) and could do without that hyper ass dog, too.  #TRUTHISrandomthoughts

Speaking of advances, for you iPhone and Droid users, are you up on the relatively new app Tikl? #TRUTHIS it is the hotness and it's free! It's like direct connect, so popular with blackberry. You just push a button to talk. The alert startled me (yes, startled) the first time I got contacted through it, but it's cool.  Walkie talkie type ish. Progress for us non bb folks. Try it and thank me later.


Ms. Lopez on Idol
 So, a new season of American Idol has begun.  Unfortunately, it interferes with Modern Family and other interests, so I didn’t watch 95% of it.  And #Truthis, I probably won’t watch it again until it’s down to the finals.  However, from what I saw, I think Stephen Tyler will be an interesting addition. Randy is Randy, and JLo will add some eye candy for the gents as well as the ladies. Here's to hoping she follows Paulas lead and sticks to the kind words when it comes to critiquing.  I ain’t mad at Jlo though.  She is dancing, acting and singing off key all the way to the bank!  Did y'all see Jimmy Kimmel's interview with Randy Jackson? JK asked RJ what he would rate JLo’s singing on a scale of 1-10.  Randy said 7. (He was clearly being nice. We all know that she would have been sent home with quickness on AI.)  Here comes the comedy… JK then asks RJ:  What if JLo tells a contestant that they can't sing? If I were the contestant, I would say you can’t either!  #Truthis JK said what we were all thinking.

Don’t you just love to sing? Even the ones of us that can’t do it, love it! In the shower, car, home, church, street, subway, stage…wherever!!  #Truthis they were JAMMING on the radio the other night.  Quiet storm was in full effect.  I was sangin (yes sangin) so damn hard in the car that I actually damn near choked! Serious Biz. I mean, Jennifer Hudson “And I am telling you”, Luther Vandross “I’d rather”, Janet Jackson “Again”, Howard Hewitt “Say Amen”, James Ingram “Find 100 ways”. It was no joke!  When it’s just YOU and on occasion, maybe a few of your closest girls-that’s when you are truly gettin’ it!  Oh and fellas, I know y’all be gettin’ it too when you are in that zone. I can hear you now, trying to get your Usher and Jamie Foxx on!  Although, I doubt you would ever admit it… I love it though!  Those are some of the best alone times.  And that's the triple truth, Ruth!

I wish I could really sing. Well, I probably can as well as Jlo.  My girl, Mimoza and I used to get standing ovations when we would sing "bootylicious" on karaoke night. Although, admittedly, that probably had nothing to do with the singing…or did it? ;)

I am still laughing about the lip synching “studio sessions” with the Love Queen and loving how krazycool we really are! After we started "singing", LQ was like “um, let’s just lip sync.” That ish is comedy at its finest! And we didn’t just stop at one, folks. Oh, no- there are multiple recordings! J  Imagine if we really could sing...

Well, let's just say this would be a whole different type of blog.

4 comments:

  1. Alright now!! The Jetson's..LMAO....we are geting there!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious.....LOL! Loves It Mama, I will work on our video jam sessions uploads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "bootylicious" LMAO...we were probably a little better than JLO...actually, not sure that is saying much we ENTERTAINED and sang for those who appreciated it. LOL...GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES.....cuz my body is too bootylicious for ya babe (in my best Beyonce imitation voice possible) Love it!

    ReplyDelete