WHAT ARE WE ABOUT?

NUTTIN BUT KEEPIN IT REAL WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, LIFE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy New Year? or Happy New Year!

In the words of Marvin Gaye “What’s going on?!”  In the words of KimPossible “What the hell is really going on?!”

2011 arrives. I am ready! New beginning and new opportunities. Time to remove the dead weight, think twice, and for goodness sake, time to put those pending plans into action!    
The first morning of 2011, I wake up in my hometown of Saint Louis, to the news that three people had been shot and killed.  (CQ Press has recently recognized St. Louis as the most dangerous city in the United States.) (St.Louis Beacon) #TRUTHIS NYE is just another night.  Shortly thereafter, Teena Marie dies, The RAMS lose (Yes, I know it was a long shot, but I put on for my city-lol), I realize that someone that I thought was a friend-isn't, I didn't win Mega Millions, some jackass decides to break into the family compound and to top if off, my kid gets pneumonia!
Let us not forget the birds falling out the damn sky- dead! Fish washing up on the Chesapeake- dead.  Very disconcerting.  Sign of the times? No doubt. Sarah Palin telling folks to “RELOAD”… Congresswoman Gifford getting shot in the head along with other innocent bystanders getting shot, wounded and killed all during a peaceful venture…WTH!  Just this past weekend, a friend’s cousin, a Baltimore police officer in civilian clothing trying to break up a fight at a club ends up dead due to fellow officer’s fire. He was 33 years old.  Hello 2011- all this before we are even 10 days in- and that ain't even the half! 
Alas, as my girl, Gina says “Put your positive hat by the door, so that you don’t forget it on your way out!” So, here we go- Hello again 2011! I woke up today and so did those near and dear to my heart-I pray! I re-connected with a couple of old friends and though time had passed- the love is still the same.  I completed a survey and won $300 (not sure what happened there because seriously, those things don’t happen to me).  And the best part- I had one of the best holiday, quality time sharing moments with the fam. It is always wonderful, but there was something about this year that really stood out to me.  Maybe it was expressing one by one what we were thankful for and how blessed we really are or maybe just the quality time that we shared, knowing that at that exact moment, place and time that - that was where we were meant to be.
So, with my positive hat tied on tight, I am looking forward to this year and the changes that are to come. My daughter is about to lose her first tooth, which brings me excitement for her and for myself! Myself, due to the fact that I will be able to play a somewhat super hero ;) I am all ready to pull out the glitter and sprinkle it on the floor showing her that the tooth fairy really did appear!  Ahh to be a child again. To believe in magic and not know the reality of disappointment.  To never have been told that your dreams CANNOT come true. In this day and age, anything is possible and I dare someone to tell my children anything different!
Currently, I am in a good place (Thanking GOD for that) and enjoying every moment, as I know that just as trouble don't last always, neither do the good times.  I have got some work to do, and I am ready and re-energized! Yesterday is gone, but hopefully lessons were learned.  There is always NOW! And we must take advantage of NOW. For what lies ahead, we cannot be certain of...our clocks are ticking y'all.
The first step is to get your mind in a good place. Thoughts are more powerful than people realize.  Think about it and let's make this a truly Happy New Year!  Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Strong, positive "Jump off" to you and Cristi's blog!!! I love it and both of you of course!!!!xxxxoooo twin sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kim Possible! and Miss LoveQueen.
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete