WHAT ARE WE ABOUT?

NUTTIN BUT KEEPIN IT REAL WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, LIFE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Past, Present and Future

Swagga like us...Swagga, Swagga Like Us

Urban Dictionary definition:

Swagga - How you present youself to the world.
Swagger is to move with confidence, sophistication and to be cool
Swagger is to conduct yourself in a way that would automatically earn respect
  
WE DO BIG THINGS!
  #TRUTHIS I would simply place a picture of President Barack Obama right next to the word swagger, and let it speak for itself."We will move forward together, or not at all — for the challenges we face are bigger than party, and bigger than politics."  Shout out to our PRESIDENT on his SOTU address! #TRUTHIS I never used to be pressed to watch Bush’s speeches. That is clearly not the case with Barry. I love to watch him walk and listen to him talk. He exudes genuine sincerity and grabs hold of the crowd. It also doesn’t hurt that he is just sexy, with that swag on full attack!  Loves him.

 
Challenger Crew 1986
#TRUTHIS flashback- Speaking of big things- Can you believe that it has been 25 years since the CHALLENGER disaster?  I'll never forget that.  That was the first year my school district moved the sixth grade to the Jr. high.  They divided the the sixth graders into three teams.  Columbia, Discovery and Challenger.  Guess which one, I was on? 25 years...Some of y'all weren't even born....  I remember watching and just 73 seconds after takeoff...that image of the explosion burned in our minds forever.  Ronald McNair, only the second African American to go into space, Christa McAuliffe, the school teacher going into space for the first time and five others lost their lives that day. I recall the shock,sadness, silence and questions. Ronald Regan was president... 25 years ago...

#TRUTHIS I remember sixth grade pretty vividly.  It was so much fun being at the Jr. High! We were so cool ;) . Big headed Shawn beatboxing in the hallways, meeting at the lockers, passing notes, talking to the 8th grade boys (hehe), trading lipsticks and earrings-lol. That was the same year my science teacher, Mrs. Hollis wrote on my progress report "The more lipstick she has on, the more belligerent she is!" Really, Mrs. H? Belligerent? Geez.  I digress...
 
SWAG on FULL ATTACK
 #TRUTHIS Photo of the day goes to my sister, KELLEY!  My beautiful twin is getting her swag back in full effect after having my darling little nephew, Kapow!  She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Shout out to her for sticking to her guns and not letting outside influences interfere! (I know I was one.)  We all know a little bit of drama comes with single parenting and hell, life in general. However, she has handled things with such maturity and grace.  Kole, aka Kapow, is a lucky little guy to have her as his mommy.  (and not just because of those obviously milk filled boobies, either;) ) She is back!!   I absolutely loves her completely! She is definitely KrazyCool! It runs in the family!


Creative Genius
#TRUTHIS I am SUPER DUPER excited to go see PRINCE at Madison Square Garden on February 7th.  It has been 6 years since I have seen his brilliance in concert and I am ecstatic, to say the least. Hopefully, I won't faint this time. lol  Something about the way he plucked those damn strings had me out for about 3 seconds. Crazy, right?!  
#TRUTHIS I only wish I was half as excited about my date. Sigh...

 #TRUTHISKPWORDSOFWISDOM I have learned that the heart wants what the heart wants.  There's no use in fighting nor faking it. That is one thing the mind is powerless over.  I mean, I guess you could fake it-people do it all the time, but for what? Who wants to be in a loveless and phoney relationship and why? For gifts? Financial reasons? Kids? Not to be alone? SMH.  No thanks!  I say choose happiness!  Life is to short and we are all entitled to be happy. If your heart isn’t in it, then neither are you. And neva eva eva minimize the importance of integrity. Trust is key. Don’t ever take that for granted. Think about it.  What do you have without it? Nada, zip, zilch-Nothing.  And this goes for lovers, family and friends.  Brutal honesty is MY truth.
I’ll close with one of my favorite quotes that I got from THE LOVE STORIES on Twitter *follow me @ kimpossible10 and LQ @ Cristilovequeen*

"I Trust You is a better compliment than I Love You because you can always love the person whom you trust, but may not always trust them.”  AMEN.

 Have a blessed and safe weekend, TIKC!  TTFN (TaTa for Now)



3 comments:

  1. This is a awesome update!! I especially LOVE the photo of the day! THANK YOU KIM..heartfelt:) (and i'm sharing a page w/ Prince..well alright!!!) Regarding the quote..that is MY truth..a resounding AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince AND The PREZ!You're in good company! Glad you like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS BABE....SO DOPE! YOU ARE MY SUPERWOMAN!! LOVE YOU AND LOVE THIS POST! KELLS LOVE YOU...SWAG ON FULL ATTACK!

    ReplyDelete