WHAT ARE WE ABOUT?

NUTTIN BUT KEEPIN IT REAL WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, LIFE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN!

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012

#TIKC 2012
As Big Boi from Outcast would say "We outchea!" 
Happy New Year (19 days in) ;0!

I am alive and GOD is so GOOD!  This year is filled with infinite possibilities and I embrace any day that the LORD has made!  I do not claim to be a regular church goer. In fact,  I am looking for another church home. But, I definitely believe in prayer and giving GOD the glory. Amen.

In my search for another church home, I decided to give Empowerment Temple a try.  I have been hearing about this church for years now.  Rev. Jamal H. Bryant, the pastor, is a Morehouse Man, and his church has a very large following in Baltimore.  I already knew it was going to be packed and that there would be some catchers of the Holy Ghost and some "Look at your neighbor and say..." , ( that actually bypassed my expectations).  But, really, I was just hoping for a great choir, great Sunday school and a sermon that speaks to me.  All in all, we had a pleasant experience and felt very welcomed at Empowerment Temple.   Unfortunately, Sunday school was not in session that day, so most of the sermon was over my daughters' heads.  But, I will be back to support my Morehouse brother and his fancy gold chair ;).  However, the search is definitely still on...

#TRUTH IS 2011 was what it was.  It wasn’t that year that I was ready to kick the hell out, like some of them have been. But, I was cool with it's departure, as there is always room for improvement.  2012’s arrival was kind of comme ci, comme ca for me.  I mean in 2011, I found my first grey hair! Now that is some memorable stuff!! But, on top of that, I paid off my car and was introduced to my new white boo, Jackson Teller! *Thank you, LQ!*




So, hello 2012!  I am ready and a willing and active participant.  I can already see some positive changes (Whoop) and I can already forsee some challenges. That's cool. That's life, so I welcome them both!  Every day is another chance to learn and to apply life’s lessons. Experience y'all... You know the saying.  


Just do the best you can and be good to people. As long as I am at my best, that is all that I can be.  We can only be responsible for ourselves.  (I will also claim that responsibility for my divas).
Oh, and for goodness sake, let Karma do what it do in it's own damn time. It may not seem to go at the speed that you want it to, but be patient. I think we have all seen it in action, when we least expect it. 


This year, I also intend to take better care of my body (mind and soul) and get regular checkups. (I encourage you to do the same)  I am cool with "When it's time to go, it's time to go". But, while I'm here, I have to do my part.  Sooo, Zumba is my new BFF- I absolutely heart it. (I may even go for my certificate). Pork is now a fair weather friend that makes visits less and less.  Enriched flour is gone and spinach salad has slid on into home plate.  Soda has been on hiatus for a minute, but about once every couple of months, that craving for a good burn has me hitting up the 7-11 for a quick hit.  Fortunately, water has become my boo and is always there for me with some cubes of ice. The hard part is going to be that damn nicotine. I am claiming that will be a thing of the past in 2012, too.  It’s a process, but its time.


So, I got until September to really work it on out- you know, for KAPRIL 2012! Y'all ain't gonna be able to tell me NOTHING, come Kenny and April's wedding! Just have your people call MY people! See you in N'awlins, baby!! *wink*



OK, back to it... In 2012, I intend to continue speaking up and letting everyone that I love- know it.  That has worked pretty well for me.  I need for it to be real clear to my people how I feel about them.  No regrets and no wish I woulda, coulda, said or dones. 


#TRUTHIS As I watch the passings and age progression coming over my grandparents generation. I wonder to myself when did all of this happen?  I look at my parents and their contemporaries and wonder the same thing.  Then, I look at myself and mi amigos and as the 20 year reunion emails come in and the 15 year college reminders come and go- I think to myself.  Well, Damn!!! Then, I look at my babies... My youngest is now 4 and oldest is 7.  That shit right there is what really makes time a straight up blur.  And, I KNOW time is flying when I'm not even looking for the party on New Years Eve!  I'd rather bring it in with the ones closest to me.  That is what truly matters most.   



So, having said that? Can anyone recommend any good anti-aging products? J


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment